I love the combination of sweet potatoes and black beans, how about you? These Sweet potato quesadillas hit the spot when you need an easy meal or snack that is full of flavor.
It doesn’t just taste good, you will be nourishing your body with potent phytonutrients found in the sweet potatoes, spinach and black beans that benefit immune function, provide anti-inflammatory compounds and restore energy and vitality – who doesn’t want those things? Eat up and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Quesadilla
- 1/3 cup Water divided
- 1 1/3 cup Sweet Potato shredded
- 2 tsps Taco Seasoning or chili powder and cumin
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed
- 1 1/3 cups Salsa
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 4 Brown Rice Tortilla Or almond flour or another soft gluten free
- 1/2 cup dairy free cheese optional
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half the water and then the sweet potato and sauté for one minute. Then add the spices. Sauté over medium-low heat until cooked through, about six to eight minutes. Add more water if needed to prevent any sticking.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked through, add the spinach, black beans, and salsa. Stir to combine and cook until the spinach is wilted and the beans are warmed through. Remove from the heat and set aside in a large bowl. Wipe out the skillet.
- Place the tortilla on the skillet over medium-low heat and spread the sweet potato filling over half the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese, if using. Avocado slices can be added inside or served on top after cooking.
- Fold the tortilla in half and gently press down. Cook for two to three minutes per side or until browned and crispy. Let the quesadilla cool slightly and then cut into wedges. Repeat until filling is gone. Enjoy!