Oh, my goodness, this raw zucchini hummus is so good! Have you ever tried a bean free hummus? Or maybe you’re looking for a new recipe using zucchini. This is perfect for the summer when zucchinis are ripening, but it’s also a great party recipe as zucchini are available year round.
In this recipe, zucchini takes the place of the chickpeas that are typically used in hummus recipes. You can spice it up the way you like it, maybe try a little curry spice or stir in some sundried tomatoes or olives. The recipe below uses the traditional spices of cumin, garlic and a little ginger. If you want to try a chickpea hummus, check out this roasted carrot hummus.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Raw Zucchini Hummus
- Food processor or blender
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp ex virgin olive oil
- Peel the zucchini and roughly chop. Add to food processor or blender.
- Press or mince the garlic and add along with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve as a dip with sliced vegetables and crackers or use in lettuce wraps or tortillas with sliced veggies to make a satisfying lunch.