These nutty gluten-free biscotti came to the rescue when I decided to go gluten-free to support my thyroid. I knew I’d miss biscotti with coffee as a special treat and wanted to find something a little sweet and crispy to fill the void.
I’ve tried making these gluten-free with different nut and seed flours and they all work pretty well. Keep that in mind because you can substitute if you don’t have almond flour on hand but have some sunflower seeds, you can grind those and use it in place of the flour.
The stir-in ingredients can be switched up as well. Use chopped dried fruit or berries of your choice and use some whole nuts or seeds to give them some crunch and texture.
Get creative and make different combinations. these would make great holiday gifts.
Nutty Gluten-free Biscotti
- 1 cup almond flour sub, almond meal, hazelnut meal, sunflower or pumpkin seed meal
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup dried fruit, chopped apricot, apple, cherries, goji berries, raisins, blueberries
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted haxelnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extr.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well, pressing with each stir to really distribute the maple syrup. Stir until the mixture comes together into a dough.
- Split the dough in two portions and place onto a sheet of parchment paper. Form each into two rectangles about 5X7 and 1 inch thick.
- Pick up parchment and place onto a sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes. Turn the oven heat down to 275.
- Cut each loaf into 3/4 - 1 inch strips and flip each one onto a cut side.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes until edges are lightly brown. Let cool and enjoy!
- Store in sealed container for a weak.