This creamy mint smoothie is packed full of nutrients to nourish you from head to toe. It’s not too sweet because it’s made with veggies instead of a lot of fruit. Feel free to swap out what you have on hand, you want to have some good fat from nuts, seeds or avocado, some green leaves for high mineral concentration, vegetables to bulk it up and add complex carbohydrates, fiber and more vitamins and minerals, a green apple and some dates or a sprinkle of stevia leaf, and a plant milk or a few tablespoons of oats and water.
Spring Green Mint Smoothie
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 T flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1-2 dandelion leaves optional
- 1 cup oat or almond milk or 2 T oats and 1 c water
- 1/2 green apple
- 4 dates pitted or pinch of stevia leaf
- ½-1 cup ice optional or warm water
- Combine everything except the ice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add ice, if using, and blend again until thickened.
- If you don't like cold drinks, this works with added warm water as well.