Spring Green Soup
Welcome in Spring with this Spring Green Soup! It has a bright and refreshing flavor and is packed with nutrient dense veggies to support cellular function throughout the body. And it’s green, which comes from the chlorophyll in the plants. The phytonutrient that makes green foods supports liver detoxification, circulatory system, immune system and aids in tissue healing. Green is also beneficial for lowering blood pressure and free radical damage. Go ahead, slurp some green soup and boost your natural cleansing mechanisms.
Let me know if you make with your own spice blends, I’m always excited to try new combinations.
Alkalizing Spring Green Soup
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 cups zucchini chopped (a little extra as noodles for garnish)
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 2 pounds asparagus trimmed and chopped
- ¼ c fresh parsley
- ¼ cup hemp seeds or soaked almonds
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- Use a little water to sauté the garlic, onion and celery.
- Chope the vegetables into 1-2 inch pieces for even cooking. If you have extra zuchhini, spiralize or shred it and save it to add as garnish and texture.
- When onion is soft add the chopped zucchini and cauliflower along with the broth, bring just to a boil and then turn down heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- The cauliflower should be just about tender, then add the asparagus and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Remove soup from the heat, let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add the nuts or seeds to a blender with a cup or two of hot soup broth and blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer soup to a blender, in batches, and blend until smooth. About 30-60 seconds. Returning to the pan.
- Warm it through to serve, lighten it up with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and garnish with zucchini noodles or shreds. Enjoy!