Supporting your immune system with food can be delicious with this high vitamin C compote. You can use it in so many ways. Try it over oat milk yogurtor banana nice cream, on top of granola or your favorite gluten free cake, or even try it spread over seed butter for a nostalgic PB&J.
High Vitamin C Compote
- food processor
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen, thawed
- ½ cup goji berries soak to soften
- 1 orange and zest
- ¼ cup rose hips soaked until soft
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chia seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon and ginger or more to taste
- Soak the rosehips in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Soak the goji berries for ten minutes in room temperature water.
- Zest the orange, then remove the peel.
- Combine everything in food processor and pulse until combined but still chunky.
- Serve over coconut yogurt, granola or frozen banana ice cream or use as a jam.
- Store in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to a week.