I like pasta and broth and this soup is light. but packs a nutritional punch with the addition of kale, zucchini and peas.
I use gluten free pasta, kinnikinik brand because it sees to hold together best of the ones I’ve tried. But if you have a favorite, go with it. If you’re staying away from pasta all together, just omit it from the recipe or add a whole grain like barley or farro.
Let me know if you give it a try.
- dutch oven
- 3 garlic minced
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 bunch kale stemmed, chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free penne pasta
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Add a splash of water to a dutch oven and bring up to medium heat. Add the zucchini, garlic, oregano and basil to the pot.
- Then add the broth, beans, peas and pasta, cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stir and add the kale. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Test the pasta for doneness. Remove soup from heat when the pasta is to your liking.