Strawberry Quinoa Arugula Salad
Spring and early summer when the fresh berries are ready to be picked or when the farmer’s market is overflowing is the perfect time to make this strawberry quinoa arugula salad, yum!
This bright salad is full of goodness, crunch and sweetness that surely satisfies. It is easy to pull together and great for using up leftover quinoa. Make up the tahini dressing ahead and then toss everything together when you’re ready to eat.
The quinoa adds complete protein and fiber, while the sunflower seeds and tahini add a dose of good fats and essential minerals. The bright strawberries add vitamin C, antioxidants and natural sweetness that pulls all the ingredients together into a luscious satisfying bowl.
You can definitely substitute ingredients for what you might have on hand. Try almond butter for the tahini, pumpkin or hemp seeds for the sunflower seeds, spinach or baby kale for the arugula, and blueberries for the strawberries.
Strawberry Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup Quinoa uncooked
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Water warm
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 cups Arugula or spinach
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Strawberries chopped
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Let cool. Or a great way to use leftover quinoa.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, lemon juice, water and salt. Season the dressing with additional salt or lemon juice if needed.
- Pour the dressing over the arugula and toss to coat evenly. Fold in the cooked quinoa, sunflower seeds and strawberries. Transfer to plates and serve immediately. Enjoy!