Are you looking for a light but nutrient packed soup that is great for lunch or light dinner with a salad, or as a brunch option? This roasted garlic asparagus soup hits the mark and tastes delicious.
Garlic is one of those ingredients I think we should all get more of, especially during the change of seasons when our immune system is more active and when we are dealing with unwanted inflammation, inside and out. Garlic helps to calm the flames of inflammation and supports good circulation and the immune system’s fight against inflections.
Asparagus is packed with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that support cell growth and repair, improve bone health, reduce inflammation and have some anti-cancer effects. The fiber in asparagus supports good digestive health and the microbiome and even helps with weight loss.
Try this roasted garlic asparagus soup on your table this spring.
Roasted Garlic Asparagus Soup
- 4 cups Asparagus trimmed, cut in half
- 10 Garlic cloves peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 Yellow Onion cut into thick slices
- 1/4 head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt divided
- 2 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the asparagus, garlic, onion and cauliflower with the olive oil and arrange in an even layer on the baking sheet. Season the vegetables with half of the salt then bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables have caramelized and the garlic is fork-tender. Flip everything halfway through to prevent burning.
- When the vegetables are just about done, heat the vegetable broth in a pot on the stove to a simmer. Add the spinach to the broth and stir to allow it to wilt.
- To make the soup, transfer the warmed broth and spinach, the roasted vegetables and the remaining salt to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, allowing space for the heat to escape. If the soup is too thick, add more broth until your desired consistency is reached.
- Divide between bowls and enjoy!