Are you ready for a simple delicious dessert? This strawberry rhubarb parfait is for you if you love that combination. The cream is this recipe is sweetened with banana and would be lovely used over raw brownies or fresh fruit as well.
Please take advantage of fresh berries as they become ripe this season. They are definitely better tasting when in season. Berries are wonderfully packed full of antioxidants and vitamins for supporting a variety of body functions, especially anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. So, get your fill of berries!
This strawberry rhubarb parfait is a good way to get in a serving of berries and feel like you’re treating yourself to something special at the same time.
Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait
- 2 cups Rhubarb chopped
- 2 cups Strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups Cashews soaked for 1 hour and drained
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or seeds for garnish
- Soak cashews in warm water enough to cover for an hour. Strain and rinse.
- Place rhubarb, strawberries and honey in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes or until rhubarb starts to break down and a sauce starts to form. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool while you prepare the rest.
- Combine cashews, 1/2 cup water and bananas in a blender. Blend very well until smooth and creamy. Add more water to reach desired thickness.
- Divide the stewed strawberry rhubarb between four serving glasses or jars and spoon the cashew banana cream over top. Garnish with extra fruit or nuts. Enjoy!