This artichoke white bean salad takes on a Mediterranean flare and makes a nice summer meal.
Use low salt canned beans and canned or frozen artichokes, not marinated in oil. Beans are filling and provide much needed fiber and complex carbohydrates along with vitamins and minerals. Artichokes are known for their detoxing qualities, but also provide vitamin C, potassium, fiber and folate.
In the summer when it is hot, you don’t really want to cook. Making this meal salad can be done without adding heat; you just combine the ingredients and enjoy.
White Bean Artichoke Salad
- 2 cups Cannellini beans or Chickpeas cooked
- 2/3 cup Artichoke Hearts from the can, drained, chopped or frozen, thawed
- 2/3 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup Red Onion sliced
- 1/3 cup Parsley finely chopped
- 2 2/3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 2/3 tsps White Wine Vinegar
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup feta cheese optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Divide evenly between bowls or onto plates and enjoy!