If you are looking for an easy summer meal that is light and satisfying, this lentil salad bowl may be for you. It’s made with lentils, you can make a batch or use canned lentils if it’s hot and you don’t want to add heat to your house or you just don’t have time to cook lentils. I like to make extra when cooking beans and lentils and then portion out two cups into bags and freeze. Then I always have some on hand.
For the corn, you can use frozen, thawed or I like raw corn cut from the cob. Yes, you can eat raw corn, it’s crispy and sweet. I tend to stay away from canned corn and use frozen if I don’t have fresh.
Add colored bell peppers to get a variety of antioxidants, red onion, tomatoes and avocado and you are ready to go.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss. For a twist on flavor, blend the dressing ingredients with a couple spoonsful of salsa.
Easy, satisfying and delicious! Let me know if you give it a try or tag me in a post.
Lentil and Corn Salad
- 2 cups Lentils, brown or green cooked and rinsed or use canned
- 2 cups Corn thawed frozen or cut from cob
- 2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2 Tomato medium, diced
- 1/2 cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 2 Avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs Parsley very finely chopped
- 2 Garlic clove, small, minced
- Divide the lentils, corn, pepper, tomato, red onion, and avocado between four bowls or plates.
- To a small jar add the oil, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic and shake well until combined. Pour the dressing over the salads, mix well and enjoy!