If you like oatmeal, you have to give this recipe a try. Raspberry Orange Overnight Oats is easy to prepare the night or two before you want it. It satisfies the desire for something a little sweet, because of the berries and orange juice. It not only fills your tummy, it’s packed with vitamins and minerals for a nutrient dense breakfast to start you day off right.
Overnight oats can be made with steel cut oats or rolled oats. The steel cut will be chewier than rolled oats. Steel cut oats will be chewier and can be pulsed in the blender or food processor if you want it smoother. I like to open a capsule of probiotics and add it to the oats to help start the breakdown process, by slightly fermenting the mixture. Probiotics help to ease digesting the grains.
In this recipe, I add tahini. I like the flavor and the fact that it is a good calcium source, but you can substitute any nut or seed butter you have on hand. Substituting different berries, nut butter and liquid can switch up the flavors and keep you from getting bored with the same old thing, even though it’s delicious. For liquid variety try flavored plant milks, coconut water or milk, tea, even coffee works.
Orange raspberry overnight oats.
- 1/2 c oats rolled or steal cut
- Handful of frozen raspberries
- 2 T dried fruit (goji, apricot, fig, berries) chopped if needed
- 1 T tahini
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup or 3 drops stevia optional
- 2 T yogurt or open a probiotic capsule
- 3/4 c orange juice substitute plant milk
- In a jar or bowl, combine the ingredients.
- Stir, cover, refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy in the morning