What I understand about food is this:
- You will enjoy food first with your eyes, so make your food beautiful.
- The more nutrient dense your food is, the less volume you will consume.
- Relax and enjoy the flavors of your food for best assimilation
- More nutrition is found in raw unprocessed food.
- 100% raw diet is not necessary to get the benefits raw foods offer.
- Food feeds the whole individual, not just filling the stomach.
- Food and your amazing body can work together to heal the dis-ease you may be experiencing.
- There is not one diet that is right for everyone – you are an individual and your food choices should be the best for YOU.
- There are healthy food guidelines that everyone should consider.
I’ll touch on these topics as different posts. But take a bit of time to consider the ideas and think about each bite you take. Remembering that what matters most is what you do “all the time” or by habit, not what you do every once in a while. If you splurge every once in a while, be thankful, enjoy it and then go back to regularly eating whole unprocessed foods.
If you need to change your habit of regularly eating refined, boxed and processed foods, then begin by incorporating one whole food (fruit or vegetable) at each meal. Smoothies for breakfast are a great way to start. See RECIPE.