Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Salad
This zucchini noodle salad is the perfect dish to take to that family gathering or end of summer picnic. When zucchini is in season you usually have a lot of it if you have your own garden. If not, it’s at the farmers market or people are trying to give it away. Spiralizing the zucchini and making this salad is a great use. Also think about freezing zucchini for later use. You can spiral cut extra zucchini and freeze in bags and when you’re ready to use it, sauté it with other veggies or throw it into soups or make zucchini bread.
The Mediterranean flavors in this salad pop and are just so yummy. The Kalamata olives bring in healthy fat and a salty component, while the artichokes are creamy and exotic but very cleansing for the body. The chickpeas add fiber and protein, while the tomatoes add in antioxidants and all the ingredients combined help build and support the microbiome.
I hope you give it a try and then write me back and tell me how you liked it.
Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle salad
- Spiral slicer or julienne mandolin
- 2-3 zucchini
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tbs tahini (sesame butter)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup water, plus more if needed
- 1/8 tsp sea salt & black pepper
- Combine everything for the dressing in a bowl and whisk until smooth or use a small blender to blend it together.
- Use a spiralizer, julienne mandolin or peeler and make noodles out of the zucchini. Place in a large bowl.
- Cut tomatoes and olives in half and add to the bowl. Slice the onion and add it along with drained and rinsed chickpeas and artichokes.
- Toss with the dressing and serve.Store chilled and covered for up to 5 days.