I LOVE these falafels even though they take a few more minutes to put together than some of my other recipes.
Everything is pulsed in a food processor to bring the mixture together. I use a mini ice cream scoop to portion and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and then bake.
I serve these on a romaine leaf or piece of Naan bread with a cucumber, tomato, parsley salad and garnish with a little garlic tahini dressing.
- food processor
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 cups chickpeas 2 cans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Add walnuts to the food processor and pulse for 30 seconds to break them down into a meal.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse, stopping to scrape the sides of container, until it forms a chunky dough.
- Use a mini scoop, or roll two tablespoons between palms to form into balls. flatten slightly on the pan.
- Brush the top of each one with a little olive oil or use an olive oil spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Use a spatula to flip over and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until evenly browned.
- Serve with Mediterranean salad, hummus and drizzle of garlic tahini sauce, see notes.