This easy veggie skillet meal combines the flavors of Mexican cuisine with colorful veggies and corn chips for my ultimate warm comfort meal.
In this Mexi-veggie skillet meal you can use your favorite veggies, just be sure to add a variety of colors. Each color packs specific phytonutrients that bring different health supporting qualities to the meal.
The veggies are sauteed lightly, then add in salsa and broth and then stir in corn chips until they soak up the broth. This turns into a comforting casserole-like dish. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 cups mixed veggies, chopped peppers, zucchini, corn, carrots, broccoli, green chilis
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 6 cups corn chips
- pickles onions
- avocado slices or guacamole
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until softened.
- Add the assorted vegetables and cook over medium heat for ten minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add the salsa, beans and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the chips and let them soak up the broth.
- Serve along with desired toppings.