Crowd Pleasing Creamy Green Beans
This Creamy Green Bean recipe can easily take the place of the beloved, but not so good for you, green bean casserole. By using a creamy cheese alternative for the cream sauce and adding in some sautéed shallots, all the flavors come together just right, your tongue will thank you. Bring this along to your holiday family gatherings and please the crowd.
Creamed Green Beans with Shallots
- 1 recipe for herbed hemp-pine nut spread recipe in link below
- 1 tsp miso
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 cup shallots sliced
- 2 pounds green beans can substitute kale or spinach
- Trim and slice beans lengthwise. Steam until bright green and tender.
- Combine the hemp spread in a blender with the miso, onion powder and 2 tablespoons of water. Blend well. Add more water to reach a thin creamy consistency.
- Sauté the shallots until lightly browned; add the beans and cream sauce, stirring to warm through and until the sauce is slightly thickened.