When you need a frozen creamy dessert, blend up this frozen banana nice cream and enjoy! You’ll feel like your indulging, but there’s everything right about this dessert and nothing to be ashamed of. Frozen banana nice cream to the rescue!
You need to plan ahead so that you have frozen bananas in the freezer ready to go. The coconut milk can be substituted with almond or oat milk, but coconut is quite a bit creamier if you use the canned full fat coconut milk. Then all you need is a little vanilla and you are set!
By the way this does work with other frozen fruit and vegetables. Try adding frozen cauliflower to bump the nutrients or even frozen spinach and add a little mint. One of my favorites besides banana Is frozen cherries. So give this recipe a try and You’ll never go back to dairy ice cream. Finish it off with a crunchy granola topping.
Coconut Banana Nice Cream
- blender or food processor
- 3 cups frozen banan chunks can substitute other frozen fruit
- 1/4 cup coconut milk substitute almond or oat
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- A day ahead of making this dessert, peel and freeze a bunch of bananas, breaking them into chunks.
- When you’re ready to have dessert, place three cups of the frozen banana chunks into a blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut milk (almond or oat) and vanilla.
- If using a blender, start on low speed and increase up to high speed, stopping and scraping the container sides and blending again to incorporate.
- If using a food processor, begin by pulsing the mixture to break the bananas down and then blend constantly until it becomes creamy. You may have to stop and scrape the sides.
- If the mixture is having a hard time blending, add more milk a tablespoon at a time until a thick soft serve consistency is reached..
- Portion out into serving bowls. Top with granola, chopped nuts, cacao powder or nibs.
- Serve and enjoy. This is also delicious served with your favorite cake, brownie or between cookies.