Hot Herb Cider
Warming, delicious immune boosting drink.
- 4 cups unsweetened apple or cherry cider
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup elderberries dried or fresh (optional)
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 teaspoon of ground
- 2 sprigs rosemary fresh (1T dried)
- 2 sprigs thyme fresh (1 tsp dried)
Combine all in a pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Strain and serve warm. Reserve the berries and herbs*.
Store in a glass jar for up to a week.
The leftover chilled herb cider is nice when mixed with sparkling water and served over ice as a mocktail.
* The reserved berries and herbs can be blended together and mixed with a tablespoon or two of chia seeds and allowed to set and gel into a jam or spread and used in oatmeal, thumbprint cookies or baked goods.