Peanut Soba with Broccoli
Creamy noodles with crunchy vegetables.
- 1 package Soba Noodles substitute spaghetti or rice noodles
- 2 carrots julienned or shredded
- 1 turnip or kohlrabi julienned or shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 head broccoli florets and stem peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup tamari, soy sauce substitute coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp ginger minced
- 1 garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup peanut or almond butter sub sunflower or cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
Cook noodles according to package directions. Add broccoli florets to the noodle cooking water in the last two minutes of cooking, drain and keep hot or rinse with cold water based on preference.
Shred or julienne the remaining vegetables and place in a large mixing bowl.
Combine the sauce ingredients in a blender or whisk well in a bowl to incorporate everything into a creamy sauce.
If you want to serve this warm, toss the noodles and sauce together in the cooking pot over medium low temperature adding vegetables and tossing well until heated through.To serve this room temp or chilled, toss everything together in the mixing bowl to coat, serve or chill.