Usually, it’s the dressing that adds the calories, sugar and unhealthy fats to a salad or dish of yummy veggies. So why not make this dressing and add additional nutrients and a flavorful punch to most any dish.
You can use about any mix of greens and herbs that you have on hand, pick up at the farmers market or are growing outside your door. Blend them together with a few more ingredients and you have yourself and wonderful accent for a soup, grilled veggies, hummus, dip or salad.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it and your favorite way to use it.
Greens & Herbs Dressing
- 2-3 cups mixed greens: dandelion arugula, spinach, parsley, cilantro, oregano, thyme
- 2 Tbs nut/seed butter, tahini or flax oil
- ¼ avocado
- ½ cucumber peeled & chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice cider, wine or rice vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 date pitted and soft
- Pinch cayenne, ginger and turmeric (optional)
- ½ cup water or more
- Blend everything together adding water to reach the desired consistency.
- Use this dressing as a dip, dressing for greens or grains, added into soups, drizzled over grilled veggies or swirled with hummus.