- 8 dried figs, softened and chopped
- One 8 oz bag fresh or frozen cranberries (about 2 cups)
- 1 navel orange (rind removed using a sharp vegetable peeler and chopped, peel and cut into chunks)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup coconut sugar, powdered
- 2 tablespoons or more, coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
Coarsely chop the figs in a food processor. Add cranberries, orange pieces and rind and pulse to chop and combine with figs. Add in remaining ingredients and pulse to combine. Pour into container and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
If the sauce is overly liquid, add a tablespoon ground chia seeds, stir well to mix evenly and let sit to thicken.
Can be made one week ahead. Keeps well in fridge and/or freezer. Serve at room temperature.
Enjoy this relish with herbed hemp spread, as a tart filling with sliced fruit, as a canape topping or spooned over roasted squash! Or really any way you wish.